Saturday, March 9, 2013

I'm Doing a Pokemon SoulSilver Nuzlocke Challenge!

I'm bored. So, I decided to try a Nuzlocke challenge on my Pokemon SoulSilver game. I'm not good at writing a whole plotline for it, so I'll just keep a daily log of my progress, and what Pokemon die/what Pokemon I catch, etc.
All my Pokemon are going to be named using an anagram generator. For example, a result for Pikachu on the site is Haiku. As such, my hypothetical Pikachu could be named Haiku.
If you'd like to try out a Nuzlocke challenge yourself, Bulbapedia's article is a nice starting place. I also recommend checking out the original comic, because that's where it all started!
I am also using the optional rule where my starter Pokemon will be based off of my Trainer ID number.
And finally, I am used the adjusted rule so that Pokemon encountered on a route prior to gaining access to Pokeballs do not count towards the first-Pokemon-on-a-route rule.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

My Trainer ID number is 13919, so my starter will be Totodile.
So, introducing Eliott! He's a Quiet, somewhat vain Totodile.

I managed to beat my rival with relatively no difficulty. Primarily because he just spammed Growl. So, yes, it took a while, but I never took any damage...

Route 29:
So, immediately after taking a step after obtaining Pokeballs, I encountered a Sentret, and successfully caught her!
And so, Ester, the relaxed, proud of her power Sentret is the first addition to the team!

Route 46:
Upon reaching it, I entered that little building that leads to a small portion of Route 46.
The first Pokemon I encountered here was a Geodude. But I fainted her, so I guess I don't get a Geodude. That's sad. Golem's one of my favorite Pokemon. :(
I took out my rage on a level 2 Rattata that popped up though. Poor thing.

Route 30:
After healing in Cherrygrove, I entered Route 30, and encountered a Pidgey.
...And I got a critical hit...which fainted her...
I'm no good at this, am I?!

After this, I headed back to Route 29 to level Ester a bit. I only have two Pokemon, and I know that there's trainer battles coming up, so I might as well level her a bit. Just to be safe.
There was very close call, what with a random Pidgey getting a critical hit and getting Ester down to 1 HP, but with lots of healing, I felt a bit successful. I almost always switch out Ester for Eliott whenever a Pidgey appears though...
I felt satisfied with my leveling once Ester grew to level 5.

And now, I'm going to take a break, and I will keep my "Elza's Challenges" page updated with what's been going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment